Monday, August 2, 2010

Day of Surgery

After checking Mom in (9:45) , get this, the lady didn't even CHECK her pictured ID!! Imagine that and all the stress over finding it :) I think the lady just forgot because there was a plaque there saying to make sure you had your picture ID with you when checking in. We did all of the pre-op stuff and waited a very long time. They were supposed to take her back at 11:20, but they didn't actually take her back till around noon.

After the surgery was completed, Dr. Morgan came out to talk with me and said that Mom did really well and that the surgery went great! She will have the same type of recovery as last time. Then I went to the recovery waiting area and at the very end they let me back to be with Mom. I have to say I was a little dissapointed. I wanted to see Mom silly and all, but she was pretty with it, just tired. They said that she couldn't sign any legal documents today, oh man! I wanted to help her put together her living will today with me as the main beneficiary LOL! Mom was released from the hospital at 2:45, we went straight to pick up her medications and then home. We got home around 3:40 and Dad had gotten home early from the mission to see Mom. He was a real sweetheart and drove the automatic wheelchair out to get Mom from the car.

Once at home, Mom just wanted to sleep! Imagine that :) Around 4:40 I got some vegetable soup, bread and juice for her and then at 5 PM we started her oxycodone, baby aspirin, and phenergan. I have to tell you that I was a little nervous because last time she got really nauseated and had a lot vomitting with the medication. So far so good....She's just extremely tired, she says more so than last time, and she says that the pain has returned a lot quicker than last time.

I took pictures at the hospital, but forgot to put the memory card back into the camera and Mom doesn't have the cable to upload the pictures! Hopefully down the road it will happen...

After we got home though I put the memory card back in and took these pictures/videos, enjoy!

(Above) Here's Mom's foot after getting home.
Below: Mom being silly showing how tired she is. Above her pretty smile in spite of being exhausted :)

Below: The x-ray Dr. Morgan took after the surgery.


The next video is of Mom showing off her crutches skills.







1 comment:

Heidi said...

For some reason my comment didn't post on your last entry...Anyway, this is great!!! I'm so glad you're able to do this. It is really nice to have it all recorded and to know what's taking place. So grateful you're able to be there:)